The Inca Trail has always been a wonder, part of a network of 30,000 km of trails from Mendoza in Argentina to the border between Ecuador and Colombia, and an essential part of the Inca Empire’s road system. Vibrant with the most incredible nature that can be found in a trekking due to the situation of the subtropical forest, full of valleys, snow-capped mountains and an amazing variety of plants, birds and animals, crossing archaeological sites and the traditional living culture of the Sacred Valley of the Incas while using its cautiously preserved stairs and tunnels and ending in the legendary Machu Picchu.
Walking the Inca Trail with us will be one of those experiences that you will remember forever as this is the essential adventure of the Peruvian trip, a perfect blend of cosmopolitan and traditional Andean life. For this excursion to Machu Picchu you can immerse yourself in that gigantic and preserved Inca culture by listening to the locals proudly defend their traditions while they learn one or two Quechua words along the way, immerse themselves in those fantastic landscapes, in true living paintings of Mother Nature and redefine the way you travel while taking care of everything else.
- Starting point: your hotel in Cusco .
- Arrival point: Close to the main square of Cusco.
- Activities: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Walking.
- Duration: 2 Days /1 Night
- Starting point: your hotel
- End point: your hotel
- Type of Tour: Adventure, Trekking and cultural
- Place to visit: Short Inca Trail 2 days
- Distance: 10.5 km
- Min passengers: 2, daily departures
- Difficulty: 2
- High Point: Puerta del Sol
- Temperature Min: 7°C
- Availability: all year round
- Closed: February only
- Recommended: May to Sunny October
- Physical preparation: Good conditions
First Day: Cusco – Km 104 – Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes).
- Pick up from hotel 4 am
- Ollantaytambo Train 6:40 am
- Start of the walk 8 am
- A brief disregard for eating our snacks 11 am
- Arrival to Machupicchu at 3 pm
- Departure by bus at 3.30 p.m.
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes 18:30 hours
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes in a hotel**
Second Day: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
- Today it will depend on the group at the time of departure from the hotel.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu 25 minutes
- Tour with the guide in Machupicchu 2 hours after free time
- Return train from Aguas Calientes 16:12 hours
- Pick up from Ollanta train station 17:50
- Arrival in Cusco approximately 20 hours
Included in the Tour
- Transfers In / Out
- Transportation from Cusco to Km 104/Chachabamba where we start the hike along the Inca Trail.
- Professional bilingual guide
- Guide assistant (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to the city of Machupicchu Inca and the town of Machupicchu.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 snack, 1 dinner and several snacks to eat throughout the day; the second day includes breakfast only
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- Porters (carrying food and cooking equipment)
- 1 night in a tourist hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco.
Not Included in the Tour
- First breakfast before transfer on the first day – lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal belongings.
- Tips are not included but are optional
You need to take
- Original passport (and international student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable pants.
- Sun hat.
- Sun Glasses
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Reusable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (headlights are best).
Optional Items to Go Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Cane (with rubber tip).
- Plaster and bandages.
- Extra money.
- Swimsuit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the entrance fee is US$4.
WHEN TO BOOK THE HIKE ON THE INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people allowed on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 walkers per day plus 300 porters, these 500 permits include 4 days of Inca Trail). We recommend making a trekking reservation as soon as possible, 4 months in advance is recommended.
It is recommended to book the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour 2 days in advance, before booking airline tickets and hotels, as there are limited places to book the Inca Trail at INC and PERU RAIL (train tickets).
Group Service for Two Day Inca Trail
- 2018 – Price per person US$465.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2018 – Price per person US$500.00 ( adults)
Private family trek US$ 500. 00 per person
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Walking Poles US$5