To do the Inca Trail Tour 4 days 3 nights is without a doubt a unique experience that a tourist can have in his life. This experience will touch your being and you will meet yourself as you explore this route. Sensations of all kinds you will experience, sensations that will remain etched in you for life. It is actually difficult to find words to describe the feeling one can experience every day and in all these 4 days.
However, every tourist should be aware that operating this Inca Trail requires the hiring of people we call Porters of the Inca Trail, who are the ones who will make your experience unique, and should know and know some details of this excursion to the Inca Trail and above all collaborate with the fulfillment that the excursion you are making is being operated supporting Responsible Tourism.
Due to the restrictions issued by the Peruvian government on the number of people allowed on the Inca Trail per day, we recommend that you book at least 4 months in advance (6 months for the months of May to September which is the high season) to ensure that you will be able to complete the Inca Trail.
Inca Trail Details
- Duration 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Starting point: Cusco.
- Arrival point: Cusco.
- Activities: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Walking.
- Airline tickets: Not included.
- Route: Closed in February
- Altitude: 6725 – 13780 f.a.s.l. / 2270 – 2650 m.a.s.l.
- High Season June-July-August
- Difficulty level Challenging
- You can ask us for other services such as hotel, accommodation and other tours.
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Place to visit: Famous Inca Trail & Machupicchu
- Type of Tour: Walk & Cultural
- Distance: 43 km / 26.8 miles
- High Point: Warmiwañuska
- Temperature Min: 5°C
- Recommended: May to Sunny October
- Physical preparation: Good conditions
(D) = desayuno / (A) = almuerzo / (C) = cena
Due to the general interest in the opening of the Inca Trail, the spaces are quickly exhausted. Make your enquiry about the available spaces and make your reservation in advance.
Archaeological Site of Patallacta, Huayllabamba, Abra Warmiwañusca, Pacaymayu River Valley, Runkurakay Archaeological Complex, Sayacmarca Archaeological Complex, Phuyupatamarca Archaeological Complex, Wiñaywayna Archaeological Complex, Intipunku Archaeological Site, Machupicchu Hot Springs Village, Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary, Raqchi Archaeological Center
PROGRAM (INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS):
- 1 6:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Transfer (Cusco) Hotel- Ollantaytambo-Km82
- Start of the trek in Piscacucho. KM 82 (To Machu picchu)
- 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Hiking or trekking along the Inca Trail
- WAYLLABAMBA – LLULLUCHAPAMPA
- LLULLUCHAPAMPA – PACAYMAYU
- 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Walking or trekking
- PACAYMAYU -PHUYUPATAMARCA
- Hiking or trekking
- 4:30 a.m. 8:00 a.m.
- WIÑAYHUAYNA -MACHU PICCHU
- 8:00 a.m. 11:00 a.m.
- INKA CITY guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Free afternoon Machu picchu
- Optional: Machu Picchu Village, visit “Hot Springs”.
- Afternoon, return to Cusco.
- Train Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
- Pre-departure orientation the night before the tour starts
- Professional guides and tourism certificates,
- Pick up from your hotel/hostel and transfer to km 82(Start of the tour)
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu;
- Professional tents with capacity for 4 people, but to provide more comfort will only be used by
- 2 people along the entire Inca Trail.
- Personal inflatable mats,
- Professional cooks and porters
- Kitchen tent, dining tent, chairs and camping tables.
- Varied food, we offer the vegetarian option and all kinds of special food according to your requirements at the time of booking.
- During your Inca Trail you will be able to serve yourself a variety of teas and mates before each dinner at each campsite,
- We will also provide you with a container with hot water so that you can do your own personal hygiene once in the camp.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on the 4th day
- Train ticket (Expedition class) return from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo on the 4th day
- Return transportation from Ollantaytambo to your hotel/hostel in Cusco
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
- Breakfast on the first day of the tour. If you did not have breakfast at your hotel/hostel we will make a stop in Ollantaytambo for you to have breakfast.
- Lunch on the last day after visiting Machu Picchu.
- Sleeping bag, walking sticks (These can be rented in our office. All our sleeping bags are washed after each use)
- Tips for guides and porters
What You Need To Take For The Inca Trail 4 Days
Although the rules of the Expeditions to the Inca Trail, the most recommendable thing is to make the reservation well in advance, the average in high season indicates that 90 days before the departure there is no more space, this because only 500 people per day can go to this route of the Inca Trail, only then can it be preserved from erosion and pollution of the road network and the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. It is therefore necessary to pay in advance for the permits.
- We recommend that you take only what is necessary to enjoy your tour and leave the rest of your things at the hotel in Cusco.
- The original passport or document with which you booked the tour,
- A small 50-litre backpack that allows you to carry all your things with you
- A sleeping bag preferably 5 to 10 degrees below zero, this can be synthetic or feather, if you do not have one you can rent it from our office.
- Clothes suitable for walking waterproof and comfortable shoes for long walks, shorts and long pants, dry fit sports shirts, rain jacket or raincoat.
- Warm clothing to be worn at camp (We recommend cotton clothes that are very comfortable for sleeping, a hat and gloves for the cold. Walking socks, sandals to wear when you arrive at the campsite, you should also carry plastic bags so that you can separate things in your backpack (clean, wet, dirty and other clothes).
- A canteen with water for the first day of the walk. From the second day onwards you will be provided with cold filtered boiled water for your canteens.
- Personal hygiene items: a small towel, soap, toothpaste and toothbrush, toilet paper, hand sanitizer gel. These last two articles are very important.
- Personal medications, this list also includes muscle relaxants, pain and blessed scratches, blisters on the feet that can occur after several hours of walking.
- Items to protect yourself from the sun and mosquitoes, a sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat or hats and a mosquito repellent.
- Headlamp with batteries, extra battery for the camera (to be used every night in the camps, especially on the last day, because we will wake up around 3:30am.
- Extra cash for your personal expenses such as first breakfast, lunch on the last day, the porters’ own, cook, guide, and other eventualities.
Prices for the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4 Days / 3 Nights
Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4 days and 3 nights
499.99. dollars per person through march 31, 2019
- For students with university card $20
- For children under 18 $20
- For children 7 years old $50
How do I get the student discount?
The ISIC Card is no longer VALID to buy the Ticket to Machu Picchu or the Inca Trail with discount for students.
Students will now be able to access this benefit with the UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD of the university where they study, this document being the only valid document for this purpose.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES IN MACHU PICCHU
- Climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain $65
- Climbing the mountain Machu Picchu $65
- One extra night in Aguas Calientes $30
Rent camping equipment with you?
Yes, in case you don’t have the right equipment to do the Walk then we can offer it for rent:
- Sleeping bags :15 dollars per person
- Canes: 10 dollars for a pair
- Matras (air mattresses) 15 dollars per person
- Additional tents: 25 dollars per person