Overview South Valley Tour
Cusco, “Archaeological Capital of America”, surprises all its visitors with an endless number of tourist attractions. This time it is a valley located southeast of the city of Cusco on the road to Puno, a fairly fertile valley with legacies from different periods. The first point of visit is the archaeological center of Tipon, a sample of the wisdom of the ancient Inca hydraulic engineers. The valley would have been populated since time immemorial, which as it developed was also populated in different places is the case of Piquillacta construction clearly Pre Inca. From colonial times, the Andahuaylillas Chapel, better known as the Sistine Chapel of America, was built for its exuberant ornamentation. In addition, the valley has the wetlands of Huacarpay, a favorite place and refuge for migratory birds, a good place not far from the capital city, for bird watching. Additionally, the small villages of the valley offer delicious pork rinds, guinea pig dishes (Cavia porcellus), broths, etc., for those who like to enjoy Cusco’s gastronomy.
Travel with us through the southern part of Cusco city and be part of history through pre-Inca and Inca archeological sites and a beautiful colonial church known as “The Sixtine of America” all in beautiful towns that still preserve their beautiful colonial mansions.
- PLACES TO VISIT: Tipon – Pikillacta – Andahuaylillas – Oropesa – Saylla.
- AVAILABILITY: Every day
- TOUR DURATION: 1 Day
- PEOPLE PER GROUP: Small groups of 4 to 12 people maximum (personalized service)
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 2/5
- COSTS FROM: USD 30.00 (per person)
- Duration: 6 hours
- Pick up from hotel between 8:30 am to 8:45 am
- Introduction and tour instructions by our guide.
- 9:00 am – Start of the Circuit South Valley of Cusco.
- AM – Visit to Tipon Archaeological Complex.
- AM – Visit to the Archaeological Complex of Pikillacta.
- AM – Visit the village of Andahuaylillas and the Sistine Chapel.
- PM – tasting of Cusquenian gastronomy in Oropesa – Tipon – Saylla (optional).
- PM – Return from the South Valley to Cusco.
- End of the service near the main square of Cusco city.
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco.
- Tourist Transport.
- Specialized professional guide.
- Entrance to the places of visit.
- No additional services to those described above.
- Food or drink not specified in the Tour.
- For this tour in Cusco South Valley, it is necessary to bring a jacket or windbreaker.
- If you take this tour during the months of December to March, it is recommended to bring an umbrella or rain jacket.
- The scenery is magnificent and we recommend that you bring your camera or camcorder with you after a trip. There is nothing better than opening a large photo album and sharing the memories of your time with friends or family. The sensations, the people and the places they visited will make them relive anecdotes they will never forget.
- Wear: sneakers, light shoes or tennis shoes.
- Rain gear: A good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Bottle of water (1 litre recommended)Sunscreen, wide brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medicine and/or personal items (contact lens fluid).
- Insect repellent.
- One light backpack or briefcase per person.
- Carrying coins in small denominations of dollars or soles.
- Warm clothing: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermals / gloves / scarves: wool socks / wool hat for cold nights, T-shirts for the whole walk.