In the Waqrapukara- 1 day hike tour (daily departures), discover the majestic Inca construction of Waqrapukara or “horn-shaped fortress”, located in the canyon of the mighty Apurimac River, will be an unforgettable experience, as it is a hidden treasure for travelers looking for something different and with few people. This beautiful sacred place combines an incredible stone work with spectacular natural formations and small lagoons around.
Waqrapukara is one of the hidden beauties of Cusco at 4300 m that not many tourists know. Originally built by the Qinchas and later conquered by the Incas, it was declared national cultural heritage in 2017 and is the Machu Picchu of the pre-incas. This one-day tour from Cusco will take you back in time and make you feel like the ancient Incas once they conquered the Andes Mountains.
Why you will love this experience:
- You will be one of the first travelers to get to know Waqrapukara.
- You’ll see lots of Peruvian wildlife, such as alpacas and llamas.
- You will enjoy beautiful views of the Apurimac Canyon.
This program includes
- Private transportation with pick up this your hotel in case you stay near the center of Cusco (check info on “Pick up / Arrival Point” below)
- Professional and bilingual guide
- Breakfast and lunch picnic style
- Trekking poles
- Local snacks + coca leaves
- Communication radios
- Oxygen balloon and first aid kit
This program does not include
- Pick up from hotels outside Cusco
- Waqra Pukara
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Moderate to Challenging
- 15 hours
March to December
All year round
Explore the uniquely crowded Inca fortress and temple of Waqrapukara
Observe the local fauna and flora
Walk through incredible Andean landscapes