Trek to the Rainbow Mountain, Vinicunca – 1 day
Experience a beautiful route to the Ausangate valley in a 4 hour hike, in which we will appreciate a mountain of many colors, similar to the rainbow and known as Cerro Colorado. The mountain Vinicunca is located at 5000 m.a.s.l., the amount of minerals that the mountain has, give it its lines of colors and make it so special…
- Ausangate Tour day 1.- Trip to the Rainbow Mountain
- 4am hotel transfer
- 4 am – 7 am 3 hour trip to the foothills of the snow-capped Ausangate
- 7:30 am breakfast
- 8 am – 3 pm hike in ausangate mountain
- 3:30 pm return by transportation to Cusco
- 7 pm arrival in Cusco – Peru
- Home: Cusco, Peru
- Ends: Cusco, Peru
- Service: Group
- Departures: Daily
- Group size: Min 1, Max 16
- TYPE OF TOUR: Adventure Walk
- TOUR DURATION: 01 day
- HIGH ALTITUDE: 5200mt.
- TOTAL DISTANCE: 10 km.
- DIFFICULTY: Difficult and tiring
- Date of visit visits:
- Best weather: March to November
- Regular weather: December January
- Difficult weather: February (rains)
This program includes
- Pick up from hotel
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- 1 breakfast
- 1 lunch
- First aid kit
- Oxygen balloon
- Detailed assistance and talk of the excursion (01 or 02 days before the hike), delivery of maps of the mountain of the 7 colors.
- Transportation Cusco – Pampachiri (round trip).
- 02 walking sticks to the mountain of the 7 colors.
- 01 rain poncho (it is not known when it will rain even when it is dry).
- 1 Consistent breakfast to go and hot drinks
- Professional chef specialized in Peruvian gastronomy.
- Entrance ticket to the Mountain of 7 Colors.
- 1 delicious lunch in Pitumarca.
- First aid kit / oxygen / medicine / altitude pill, etc.
- Accredited professional tour guide.
This program does not include
- Food not mentioned
- Entrance to the road ( S/10 soles)
- Return to the hotel
- Emergency Horse (3 or 4 people can get together to rent a horse, paying per person between 20 soles, the decision is made before the hike).
What to bring
- Passport number
- Small Backpack (Water, Camera, snacks, etc)
- Light clothing, and jacket (since the weather is changing and there is a lot of wind)
- Cap for sun and cold
- Sun block
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack 20L or 30L
- Rain poncho
- dry Fit T-shirts
- 1 trekking trousers
- Warm jacket
- Coca leaves
- Cap, hat and gloves
- Sunscreen, toilet paper
- Sunglasses, water bottle
- Personal medications (headache, anti-inflammatory medications)
- Extra money (preferably in soles)