If you don’t want to walk more than 6 hours to go back and forth to the classic 7-color mountain, this is your best option. Not only because you don’t walk much but because you will see more than 3 7-color mountains, walking only 30 to 45 minutes. Another advantage of this attraction is that not many people visit it, it is not full of people like in the 7 Color Classic Mountain, this place is called Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain. It also has a plus, which are the great views of the Andes mountain range and the snow-capped Ausangate as well as a forest of stones formed by the effect of nature for thousands of years. As the walk is short, compared to the classic mountain, there are no horses to rent in this place.
Cerro Colorado or Palcoyo
The journey begins at a more “prudent” time, around 7 a.m. It is also a 3.5 hour drive and 3.5 hour return trip. From where you leave the car you can already see several hills with different colors due to the minerals present in the area. The walk is adapted to the group, and depending on the group it can be more or less long. The road is very easy and almost flat at all times. There is not a single mountain of colors, but the valley is full of small hills and walls with lines of different tones.
This is a new option in the tourism market, ideal for your customers who would love to know this new geological wonder, but without any effort since this option was launched to the market with a very simple logistics and recommended for all ages and all genres, mountain of colors, for the beautiful colorful views that this landscape offers us since the tonality of the colors is set by the storm at the moment, when it is cloudy its colors will be dimmer or darker and if the day is very sunny it will be lighter colors, during our journey we will have the opportunity to appreciate the 7 varieties of South American camelids (alpaca, suri alpaca,……..) with a good day we will be able to observe and the Condor place where they live, and more, a reservation with which we must be very careful so that these species remain in their habitat
Pallcoyo or Vinicunca?
The effort and time required to get to Palcoyo is less than that needed to get to Vinicunca, and the latter receives hundreds of tourists every day, so the landscape experience is less than that of visiting Palcoyo.
Without a doubt, Vinicunca is still the greatest challenge for intrepid travelers who want to conquer this challenging challenge, while Palcoyo is an excellent option for those who are not in excellent health.
|Duración*||40 a 01 Hrs||04 – 06 Hrs|
|Altura Máx||4,900 msnm aprox.||5,000 msnm aprox.|
|Época ideal||Abril – Enero||Abril – Enero|
|Clima||Baja temperatura||Media temperatura|
*Duración de la caminata ida y vuelta.
- 6:30 am/7:00am. Our service starts with the pick up from your hotel.
- Then we will go for 4 hours to the community of Palcoyo, through a trail, passing by the Red River, and enjoying the unique landscapes of the place.
- We will have views of small platforms formed where agriculture is still practiced.
- Upon arrival we will see several colorful mountains, such as the stone forest, rock formations, etc.
- We will have 1 hour of stay to enjoy the landscape of the Palcoyo mountain range.
- Return to Cusco.
- 6:30 pm. Arrival and end of service.
- Transportation Cusco – Cuatro Lagunas – Raqchi – Rainbow Mountain Range of Palccoyo – Checacupe – Cusco
- Professional guide
- Para-Medical Guide
- Entrance to Raqchi, Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Range
- First aid kit
- Lunch Buffet
- Hot drinks
- Airport Transfers
- Food (except as mentioned above)
- Aerial flights
- Travel insurance
We recommend Carrying:
- Backpack 21 liters.
- Trekking boots must be water resistant (recommended).
- Warm clothes.
- Rain gear depending on the date of travel.
- Cap or hat.
- Long pants, we do not recommend wearing jeans.
- Several poles.
- Little towel.
- Toilet paper, tissues.
- Hand sanitizers.
- Sun block.
- Plastic rain poncho depending on the date.
- Medicine and/or personal items (contact lens fluid).
- Bottle of water, you should drink plenty of water during the walk.
- Purifying tablets.
- Have cheques and coins available in small denominations of dollars, euros or soles.
- Camera or video camera.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO RAINBOW MOINTAINS:
|Características del Tour||Montaña de ColoresVinicunca||Montaña de ColoresPalccoyo|
|Inicio del Tour en Cusco||03:30 am||7:00 am|
|Retorno a Cusco||17:00 a 18:00 pm||17:00 a 18:00 pm|
|Dificultad Durante la caminata||Alta||Fácil|
|Horas de Viaje en Van desde Cusco||3||3|
|Horas de Caminata||5||2|
|Cantidad de gente que visita||Saturado||Poco|
|Contaminación (bolsas de plástico, basura)||Medio a más||Muy poco a nada|
In our shared services, we will pick up our clients from their hotel whenever they are in the city centre.
In our shared services, at the end of the tour, we leave our clients in a place close to the Main Square (Plaza de Armas Cusco); it is easier to return to your hotel on foot than on the bus, as the traffic is terrible. If your hotel is far from the city centre, take extra cash to take a taxi.
Pick up and drop off times are referential, this will depend on the traffic that can be found in the streets or the delay of other guests, our assistant will arrive at your hotel on time, but sometimes the transport could be delayed a few minutes.